Date & Duration:
/// (7 Days)
Price: 2500 euro
Course purpose: H.E.A.T. – Hostile Environment Awareness Training, in addition to general background lectures, focuses on operational procedures and practice. Participants are tested through various scenarios, advanced role-playing sessions and simulation exercises.
There is ample use of specific case study material, outdoor activities and extensive reference is made to the field experiences of both lectures and participants.
H.E.A.T. is an intensive 7 days course that aims at training personnel who has to deal with risk-associated and emergency/critical situations.
The course addresses their security and safety needs when deployed in hostile environments including” high” and “critical” risk mission areas – a preparation that, is likely to beco¬me a compulsory pre-condition prior to deployment, in accordance with the “duty-of-care” principles.
The training is expected to improve participants’ understanding of the best behavioural requirements when working alone or as part of a team field operations, irrespective of their professional background.
The two primary objectives are:
1. To improve participants’ awareness of multiple threats while providing them with the necessary knowledge and skills to effectively deal with such threats;
2. To rehearse and practice safety and security procedures according to th¬reats typology.
Weapons & Ammunition:
WEAPONS: GLOCK 19/17/AR15/AK47
AMMUNITION: 9mm – 200 rds. / 5,56mm – 100 rds. / 7.62 – 100 rds.
Methods of teaching:
This Course will be taught using theoretical and practical exercises.
The lectures will be conducted in classroom and on the shooting range. The Course will be given on the ESA Training Center with the use of ESA equipment.
The candidate must to possess basic experience with the Firearms.
GEAR: Sturdy / Tactical Belt, tactical or combat clothing and footwear (UF PRO, 5.11, Blackhawk, Helikon…), tactical hat, eye protection (shooting goggles), active ear protection, tactical gloves and knee pads. Clothing appropriate for climate and conditions.
The Course content is structure in 5 modules:
Module 1 – Personnel Deployed in Hostile Environment – 2 Days
• Understanding how to build individual Situational Awareness in High-Risk Environment
• Personal Safety & Security / Safety and Security mindset
• Risk Assessment / Risk Mitigation
• Intelligence Gathering Techniques – Open Source
• Target Indications / What to Look For – Danger Cues
• Situation Awareness – Red Flags – Combat indicators
• Decision Making
Module 2 – Situational Training Exercise (STX) – 1 Days
• Behavior Under Fire / Fire Safety
• Shooting Training (Glock 19/19, AR15, AK47)
• Unexploded Ordnance (UXO) and Improvised Explosive Devices IED Awareness
• Actions to take in Many Threat Situations
• Other Types of Threats in the Field
Module 3 – Orientation, Communication & 4-Wheel Drive – 1 Days
• Compass & Topographic Maps
• Map Navigation & Navigation using mobile devices
• Non Verbal Communications and Reading People’s Intent
• Basic Negotiations Skills
• Communication Equipment / Use of Signals: light, morse.
Module 4 – Field Training Exercises (FTX) – 2 Days
• Introduction to SERE
• Interview & Interrogation
• Basic Survival Skills
• Camouflage/ Stealth – Safe Camps
• Anti-Kidnapping – escape from illegal restrains
• Close Combat
Module 5 – Medical Training / Health Maintenance on Mission – 1 Days
• First Aid – Immediate Casualty Care, Under Extreme Circumstances
• Basic notions about TCCC & MIRA